Athlete Care in Brooklyn
Chiropractic Care for Young Athletes in Brooklyn. Sports activities such as soccer, football, swimming, gymnastics, hockey, skating, and baseball can be hard on young bodies, which may lead to pain, injuries, and chronic musculoskeletal problems. More than 700,000 children under the age of 15 are taken to the hospital emergency room for treatment of sports-related injuries every year. While some young athletes turn to their doctors for pain medications, it can be addictive and damaging to the body. In addition, invasive procedures like surgery can involve a long recovery time or life-long consequences.
Fortunately, at Compassion Chiropractic Office, we have many natural & less invasive procedures to help young athletes of all ages to Heal Better, Perform Better, and Prevent Better.
BENEFITS OF CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR YOUNG ACTIVE ATHLETES in Brooklyn
- Non-Invasive, Drug-Free Treatment: Many parents wish to avoid giving their children pain medications. Our chiropractic care offers safe, drug-free pain relief for young athletes.
- Injury Prevention: We teach young athletes the best way to exercise and participate in sports without getting injured. By demonstrating best practices for training and engaging in competition, we help young athletes avoid injuries.
- Performance Enhancement: We enhance the young athletes’ ability to perform on the field by ensuring that the spine is in proper alignment. When their spine is well aligned, they have more flexibility and strength, better balance, and greater coordination.
- Chiropractic Care Is Safe: Chiropractic care is safe for people of all ages, including young children. At Compassion Chiropractic, we use gentle & specific procedures that are safe for children and can help alleviate your child’s pain.
Chiropractic Care Can Help Your Sports Performance
“I would estimate that at least 90% of world-class athletes use Chiropractic on a regular basis to prevent injuries and to improve their performance.”
- Sean Atkins, Ph.D. Exercise Physiologist
Because Doctors of Chiropractic are experts in the field of human biomechanics, they are very aware of proper posture and movement. If you’re an athlete, you probably deal with musculoskeletal pain on a regular basis. Any impact to the head, shoulders, torso, legs, and feet often radiates to the spine.
Doctors of Chiropractic can detect and correct these vertebral subluxations. This will restore the spine and nervous system to a more optimal level of function, which maximizes the body’s performance and healing potential. Anyone who engages in athletics can benefit from regular Chiropractic checkups, which they can ensure that their spine is balanced and free from structural stress and subluxations. Postural strength and coordination are essential for injury prevention and sports performance.
TECHNIQUES USED ON ATHLETES
- Neurological Corrective Chiropractic Adjustment: Chiropractic care is completely natural and effective. It can be administered without the use of addictive medications or invasive procedures. Chiropractic care improves flexibility and increases strength, balance & coordination, as well as smoothing the stiff muscles, improves blood flow throughout the body, and promotes healing.
- Class 4 Laser: Feel better, faster. The Class 4 Laser delivers a therapeutic dosage of laser light to safely penetrate the dermal layers without burning or pain. The gentle Class 4 Laser beam increases circulation by drawing oxygen and nutrients to the affected area, creating an optimal healing environment.
- Custom Orthotic: We custom-build your orthotics to specifications using a semi-flexible orthotic, bringing your foot to the correct position and allowing it to truly heal, and this is called Functional Orthotic. Dr. Li has seen incredible results by using this "Functional" approach. This approach enables patients to relieve in many foot disorders, including plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, dropped metatarsal heads, Morton's neuroma, and even back pain from faulty feet.
- Nutrition Counseling: Athletes must eat correctly in order to stay active. We educate athletes to eat WHOLE FOOD to help them reach the target weight and athletic goals. We can help athletes decide which foods are right for their level of activity.
CONDITIONS THAT MAY BENEFIT FROM OUR THERAPY
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Separated Shoulder
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgeries
- SLAP Lesion(labral tear)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Arm/Elbow/Forearm/Wrist Fractures
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Hip/Leg/Knee/Ankle Fractures
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Hip/Knee/Ankle Arthroscopic Surgeries
- ACL/PCL Tears
- Meniscal Tears
- Labral Tears
- Shin Splints
Today, many athletes include chiropractic care as part of their training and preparation program by adopting chiropractic care in their injury prevention and/or treatment regimens. Many professional, college, and high school teams have a chiropractor on staff because they realize the benefits of chiropractic care.
Come to see us & Discover why chiropractic care is an essential part of any athletic training program.
1:00pm - 6:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
1:00pm - 6:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
7:00am - 12:00pm